7 People Everyone Should Have in Their Life
The best thing about growing older is deciding who you do and do not want in your life. If you’re looking to round out your life and succeed in business, you need these seven people in your life.
1. Primary Care Doctor: Everyone needs a reliable doctor who knows your medical history. You can’t go to urgent care every time you have a medical issue. Primary care doctors get to know you personally and they’ll have a better way of providing care. Keep regular checkup appointments so that you’re on top of your health.
2. Certified Public Accountant: When you have a CPA, you have someone on your team who’s a professional at filing taxes, which is something you need to deal with, without fail, every single year. They’ll also help you to set and meet your financial goals, now and in the future. Even if you have a separate financial advisor, you should also have a CPA.
3. Attorney: Everyone has a point in their life when they realize they need legal help. It’s important to know who you’re going to call when there’s a legal issue to deal with. This is especially important if you run a business or are involved in creative pursuits that require copyright help. Make sure your attorney is well trained in the specific areas that you need help with.
4. Counselor: There are going to be times when you need some emotional or mental help and guidance. Whether you’re dealing with problems in your marriage or you’re working through your own issues, it’s important to have e therapist who you can book an appointment with. Ideally, find a counselor who will take both in person and phone meetings so that you can access them from wherever you area.
5. Hairstylist: Most people get their hair cut every few weeks. Even if you get a trim once or twice a year, though, you’ll feel better if you go to the same stylist or barber every time. It can be difficult to find a great stylist, so when you do, be sure to stick with them. Bonus for women if your hairstylist doubles as a makeup artist!
6. Mentor: Everyone should have a real life role model, not just celebrities or famous people they look up to. Whatever you feel you need to be mentored in, whether it’s your marriage, parenting, or your career, find someone who you admire and who will help guide you. From your high school math teacher to chairman Ian MacKechnie, seek out someone who’s willing and able to provide insight and guidance.
7. Mechanic: When you have car trouble, you often need to get it fixed quickly. It’s important to have a mechanic you trust, who’s familiar with your car, and who won’t overcharge you. You also need to make sure you live close to your mechanic so you can bring your car in if there’s major trouble.
It’s important to surround yourself with people who enhance your life and who support you.