The Ins & Outs Of App Development

 In Business, Technology

Click here to get this post in PDF

There are many reasons why you might want to develop an app. It could be that your business needs a new and up-to-date way to interact with and provide a service for its customers, and an app is the best way to go. It could be that the app is the whole point of the business – perhaps you run a company which produces smartphone games, for instance. Whatever the reason, app development is actually one of the easier kinds of software development out there, and it’s fairly easy to produce good quality apps on a fast turnaround. However, it does require an understanding of a few things, and you will want to make sure that you are focusing on these as best as you can if you are to succeed. Let’s take a look at some of the important points in app development.

Pic Credit

The Value Of A Good IDE

If you are to develop nay kind of software, be it a smartphone app or anything else, you are going to want to use an Integrated Development Environment (IDE). This is a kind of software which makes the process of creating a piece of software easier by drawing together many of the things you need to do just that. In the old days, you would have had to use a separate compiler (for compiling source code), editor (for writing it), linker (for linking different files and objects together) and builder (for putting it all together). This is time-consuming, so the use of a modern IDE makes it quicker and easier by having all of this in one place, and allowing you to focus on the software itself. Get yourself a good IDE; it will make all the difference.

Pic Credit

Test & Test Again

If there is one rule to software development, it’s to test as much as you like. It’s fair to say that around 80% of coding is actually debugging, the other 20% being the actual writing of the code and compiling and so on. You will need to spend a great deal of time testing your app software again and again, to be sure that it is going to be as close to perfect as possible. You might even need to think about finding a good QA blog which will help you to work out what kind of quality assurance you need to undergo for your app. The more you test it, the better the final product will be, so make sure not to ignore this part of the process.

Know Your Solution

It is important to make sure that you know what you are actually trying to do before you start coding. If you get the cart before the horse here, it could make the whole process much more difficult, and makes it more likely that you’ll run into a number of problems further down the line. So make sure that you plan out your app first before you get coding; it will save you a lot of hassle.

Recommended Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text.